Saturday, July 25, 2009

10 years...Where did the time go?

Yesterday Andy and I celebrated our 10th anniversary! I can't explain how nice it was to spend time with my husband alone. We had a great time enjoying dinner at The Melting Pot, watching a movie together and spending some much needed time alone at the InterContinental Hotel at Country Club Plaza in KC. We slept in until 10a.m this morning(I can't tell you how many years it has been since I was able to do that) and enjoyed lunch at The Cheesecake Factory. I am so thankful for a husband that takes the time to make me feel special. It is crazy to think we have been married 10 years, it seems like just yesterday I was putting on my wedding dress, crying as Andy sang to me, and thinking it can't get any better than this, but it did. We have four little blessings, have stuck with each other through good and bad times and I love Andy today more than I could have ever imagined. I can't imagine my life without him and I am so thankful for the Lord bringing us together. Marriage isn't always easy but the tough times bring us closer to each other and our Savior. The past 10 years have been the best of my life and I know the next 10 will be even better with Andy by my side. I love you Andy!

2 comments:

Ashton Burgess said...

i can't believe its that long ago. i remember like it was yesterday too. I wanted to go everywhere "My Kim" went and followed you around like a little puppy. And i remember when you and Andy were dating. One Christmas we were sleeping on the floor in the living room and you had a picture of Andy and you. You kissed it and then I did before we went to sleep. oh the memories! haha.

Ashton Burgess said...

"It" being your wedding day.. i didn't make it clear enough.