Thursday, November 15, 2007

A Night Of Valor


Tonight Andy and I were honored to attend the KQTV2 and Northwest Missouri Law Enforcement Awards for Valor. We had a great time visiting with friends and family. It was truly an honor to be in the presence of men and women who risk their lives daily to help save others. Andy was nominated for a Lifesaving Award because of his attempt to save someone's life. As many of you know this past summer Andy was the first responder to a call of a little boy drowning. Andy attempted to save his life and gave his family a few more days with him to say their goodbyes. Tragically he did not survive and this was very hard on Andy. In the 8 yrs. that Andy has been a Trooper I have never seen him so broken up. Thanks to our Lord and church family he got through it. I am so very proud of my husband for putting others before himself. There were many other's that received honors from Cameron, one of them being Pat Ramsey. He was also given a Lifesaving Award for saving the life of a little boy last winter. I know that Chasity was just as proud of Pat as I was of Andy. It was so humbling to hear the stories of all of the lives touched and saved by the Law Enforcement that attended. One of the highlights of the night was hearing the little boy that Pat helped save say thank you to all of the people who helped him and prayed for him as he recovered from the frozen pond accident that happened last winter. Even though my husband's career is with law enforcement I often take for granted what he puts on the line daily for me and so many others. I am truly humbled and can only pray that God will use me to touch someone else's life as these men and women have. I am so proud to call myself a Henry!





6 comments:

James W said...

Thanks Andy! You are a real trooper!

Anonymous said...

Thanks Andy and Pat. You guys are awesome. Thanks Kim and Chas for supporting your guys in the demanding careers God has put them in.

Grace said...

Yes, thanks Andy and Pat! You and countless others help make this world a safer place for us all!

Polly said...

Thank you Kim for loving and caring for Andy so that he can do his job well! Thank you Andy for making our town safe!

Lila said...

So proud of you!!!

Pastor Jay said...

We are privileged to have guys like you!