Saturday, November 3, 2007

A Week to Remember

Wow, I can't believe it has been over a week since my last entry! We had a very busy and exciting week, it was filled with some fall family traditions and some 1st from Ava. One of Ava's first this week is that she is getting her first tooth and she is pulling up on her knees. Yeah!



I'm a big girl now!

We started off the week with a trip to Liberty for Ava's 9 month doctor's appointment, I could hardly wait to sit in the office with a bunch of sick kids. However, I was excited to see how much Ava had grown and thought she would surely have gone up on the growth chart since she is eating almost everything we eat but to my surprise I found out she is still in the 5th percentile for weight and has gone down on the chart for her height. Can you say,"Shocker", I guess she will just be a little thing for a while longer. After Ava's doctor appointment we did some shopping and then made our way to Carolyn's Country Cousins Pumpkin Patch for the annual Henry Pumpkin Patch Adventure! The kids had a great time and Andy and I had fun watching them and taking pictures. We feed goats, rode tricycles, played on a boat which Brett informed me was "Noah's Ark",slid down slides, played in mazes, dug sand(Even Andy did this, you can't take the kid out of him!), and rode the train. I asked Brett what his favorite part of the day was and he said,"All of it".Here are some pictures of the Great Pumpkin Patch Adventure.



I love goat slobber!




Say Cheese!



Working hard!



Hi, my name is Noah! Welcome to my ark!



More goat slobber!!!



Three little pumpkins sitting on a fence....



Watch out Mt. Everest!



Look at me, I'm so cute!



I want this one mommy!



I'm cute too!



Me too mommy!


It was a great day and I bet you think it's over but when we got home we decided to roast hot dogs and smores. Grace, I'm sure you will appreciate seeing that others also have fun burning sticks. I have included some pictures for your enjoyment!

In the words of Brett Henry, "MMMM, I love the smell of camping"!







After the fun of having a campfire on our gravel road we went inside to take baths. After bath time the fun was still not over and the kids went up to bed to find a tent in Brett's room ready to be slept in or so Andy and I thought. Let's just say there wasn't much sleeping going on so after about an hour of finding kids playing in the tent, we had to lay down the law so they would go to sleep.



Who says camping outside is more fun?

We all had a wonderful day and it was truly a day to remember and one in which I am proud to be a part of the Henry clan. Monday Family Night turned into Family Day and Night. What a great time! To be continued......

No comments: