Well, I haven't blogged in awhile and I a lot of stories to tell from the past few weeks but in this blog I would like to pose a question. There is a movie coming out on TV this Sunday night called, "For One More Day". It is about what you would do with someone you loved that has passed away if you had one more day with them.
So my question is "Who would you pick to spend one more day with and what would you do?"
I will go first! My mom passed away on May 31, 2006. I would definitely spend one more day with her. I often regret not being able to say goodbye to her one last time as I didn't make it in time before she went to be with the Lord. I know exactly what we would do! We would spend the morning eating breakfast around the table and talking and then we would get out all of the Christmas tree decorations and decorate our Christmas tree while singing Christmas carols. After we finished we would snuggle up on the couch drinking hot coco, getting warm by the fire and talking about life. I would want to talk about her life, her dreams, her childhood. I would want her to tell me her favorite passages in the bible and the miracles she had see in her own life. I would just listen to all of the stories she had to tell. She was such a special woman and I would love to have one more day with her here on earth but I am so thankful I will get to have eternity with her and my Lord some day.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
i'm crying girl!
I would spend the day with my daddy. My daddy could spend hours talking about scripture and I could spend hours listening. I would love to sit with him and talk about God's word. I miss my daddy but when I want to be close to him I go hold Bob H's hand (Letha's Husband). He has hands EXACTLY like my daddy's.
Post a Comment