I know, I know, summer is over and I am just now blogging about it. I figured I should probably
blog some of our activities before school activities start up and our new bundle of joy is here.
So here it goes....
We started the summer with A showcasing his talents in the Hamilton production of "Band on the Run", a collection of top songs in the 70's. He had a great time singing and we had a fun time watching him do his thing. B and H had a great time seeing their daddy perform.
We headed to Gatlinburg, Tennesse for our annual Family Vacation in mid-June and had a blast. We also had a great time with Grandpa on the way to/from Tennesse.
We inherited a girl bunny in mid-July. After a lot of thought for a 3 and 4 yr. old. they decided on the name Hopper. After a couple of days B informed me that it was too hard to remember Hopper and he changed the name to Hoppy. That one letter made all the difference!
We spent the last weekend in July at Tan-Tara with our good friends the Ramsey's, Teel's and Whitt's. I don't have any pictures but we had a wonderful weekend playing at the pool.
On our way home we decided to stay a night in Liberty so the kids could have another chance to swim. In June B and H wouldn't even put their heads in the water and in July they are swimming around the pool like fish. Here are a couple videos of them.The first weekend in August we headed to St. Louis for the Graham Family Reunion. We decided to give B a surprise pre-birthday treat and we rode Amtrak. B has always wanted to ride a train and he was so excited when we got to the station. He is very aware of the way we go to Grandpa's house and the way we took just didn't seem right to him. He kept saying, "This isn't the way we go. When we got to the train station he said, "I thought we were going to ride a train today." We had a fun time with the kids on the train. We had an interesting time catching another train from downtown St. Louis to Florissant where my dad lives. Try carrying 2 car seats, 5 luggage bags, 2 backpacks, 1 swim bag, 1 diaper bag and 3 children under the age of 4 5 blocks (which seemed like a mile)in humid upper 90's weather, in downtown St. Louis, across a gravel road, while being pregnant and listening to two children whimpering and whining saying, "I'm tired, it's hot, I can't walk anymore." Let's just say it was an experience I'd rather not have again. We were so thankful we didn't have to do that on the way back home.
We had a great time at the reunion with my dad's family. We hadn't seen many of them since B was a baby so we had a lot of catching up to do. We had a great time! No pictures for now!
We came back with just enough time to clean, get ready for B's birthday party and make a trip to Chuck E. Cheese for a birthday celebration. Brett had a great time spending time with his sisters/friends, playing games and eating pizza and cupcakes at Chuck E. Cheeses.
B couldn't wait for Grandpa, Jeff and Holly to come for his party. We spent the weekend celebrating with a dinosaur party, swimming and playing dinosaurs with Uncle Jeff. It was a blast! I can't believe he is now 5.
We ended the summer over Labor Day weekend by going to Creston, Iowa for the annual Henry Labor Day picnic. It was great to spend the weekend with A's family. The kids had a blast eating, swimming, riding on boats and golf ball hunting in the lake(a family tradition). No pictures for now but we had a wonderful time.
As you can see we had a very busy summer! As I was blogging this I realized I left some events out such as T-Ball, VBS, Worlds Of Fun and our many trips to the pool. My fingers are tired and my eyesight is blurry so I think I will let you imagine the fun we had at these events. We had a fun summer enjoying the weather and each other and we hope you did also. I will be posting B and H's first day of school in a few days when I get my eyesight and the use of my fingers back.
Have a great day praising the Lord for the blessings He has given you!
4 comments:
Whew Kim! I'm tired just reading this! Sounds like you all had a great summer!
Glad you guys had a good summer. We miss you guys!
WOW!!! What fun...thanks for catching us up. Oscar better get ready for a busy family summer next year!!!
ahhh your kids will be little fish like their mommy! i am lovin your blog...
Post a Comment