Wednesday, October 17, 2007

A Fish Tale

As Andy and I were talking in our room Sunday night we were startled with a loud crashing sound, as we were running in Brett's room I said, "There goes his fish tank". We came into the room to see water, rocks and Blue(the fish) squirming on the floor. I thought there goes our new carpet. Andy quickly picked up Blue and took it downstairs to save it's life(A trooper's job is never finished), while Brett and I stayed in his room and talked about what had happened. He told me that he was trying to put the food that had fallen on top of the fish tank in the water so the fish could eat it, I'm sure it was also because he likes things clean. He was so sad because he thought he had killed his fish. Let's just say the carpet didn't matter as much when I heard my little boy sobbing because he thought he had killed Blue. Later as we were going downstairs to check on Blue Brett said, "I don't like killing my fish", my heart sank. The Lord had other plans for Blue and to our surprise he was alive and still is. I believe the Lord knew Brett's heart was broken and kept Blue hanging on for him. God is soo good. We(by we I mean Andy) have spent the last several days shampooing the carpet and restoring his fish tank so Blue can return to his lovely home. So the next time you hear me say it smells little fishy in here, you will understand why!

3 comments:

James W said...

So how did the fish tank fall? Also glad that he is still alive! The fish that is

Kim said...

Brett was trying to put the food that had fallen on top of the fish tank in. He was cleaning, imagine that!

jm2sa said...

love this story. You two are such good parents.